Refer a friend
How it works
Refer a friend to Chase and if they open an account, you'll each get a £20 reward. They'll need to join Chase using your link or code, and pay in £20 within 30 days of opening an account.
You can refer as many people as you like, but we'll only give you £20 for each of the first 20 people you successfully refer – that's a maximum of £400. After that, anyone you refer will still get £20.
Activating the offer
You'll need to bank with us before you can refer someone, and make sure you’ve got the latest version of the Chase app.
- In the app, scroll down to 'Rewards' and tap 'Refer a friend'.
- Activate the offer, then share your referral code with your friends.
- They'll need to join Chase using your link or code, and pay in £20 within 30 days of opening an account.
- We'll add £20 to your rewards balance straight away, and theirs too.
Sharing your referral code
After you've activated the offer, you're ready to share your referral link with your friends. Before you do, please consider if they'd be happy to receive it and they're eligible to bank with us (Opens in new window).
Here's how to share it:
- Open the Chase app.
- Scroll down to 'Rewards' and tap 'Refer a friend'.
- Tap 'Share my referral link' to send it to your friends. You can also type your code and send it manually. If you do, your friends can add your code using the steps below.
If your friend tries to use your code and it doesn't work, please check it's been typed correctly – it's a mix of letters and numbers, and it's case-sensitive too.
Just so you know, you can't refer someone if they've referred you.
Adding a referral code after you've opened your account
You can add a referral code after you've joined Chase, as long as you've opened your account within the last 14 days. Here's how:
- Check you've got the latest version of the Chase app.
- Open the app and scroll down to 'Rewards'.
- Under 'Latest offers', tap 'Been referred by a friend?'
- Type in your friend's referral code. If it doesn't work, please check it's been typed correctly – it's a mix of letters and numbers, and it's case-sensitive too.
- You'll see a confirmation screen when we accept the code.
Keep in mind, you'll need to pay in £20 to your account within the first 30 days of joining us to get your reward.
If you've already done that, we'll add £20 to your rewards balance straight away, and theirs too.
Seeing how many people you've referred
After you've activated the offer:
- Go to the Rewards hub.
- Under 'Active offers', tap 'Refer a friend'.
- You'll see how many friends you've referred and how much you've earned at the top of the screen.
For more info, please read our refer-a-friend T&Cs (Opens in new window).