A Direct Debit is when you give permission to a company for them to take money from your bank account on an agreed date.
People tend to use them to pay monthly bills, make mortgage payments, or to donate regularly to charity.
Direct Debits and your Chase account
To set up a Direct Debit, you'll just need to contact the company you want to pay. They'll ask you to complete a Direct Debit instruction, which will ask for things like your name and your bank details.
The company will then get in touch with us so we can start collecting your payments on your chosen dates.
And, with the Direct Debit Guarantee, you'll be protected from any payments taken in error.
Once set up, you'll be able to see all your Direct Debit details in the Chase app.
Find your account details
Whether you set up a new 'bills' account in a couple of taps or use one of your existing accounts, here's how to find your details:
- Log in to the Chase app and find the account you'd like to use for your Direct Debit
- Tap the three dots to the right of the account name
- Then tap 'Get account details'
Our address for setting up BACS payments or Direct Debits is:
25 Bank Street
London E14 5JP
Cancelling a Direct Debit
If you need to cancel one of your Direct Debits, just follow these steps:
- Open the Chase app and go to ‘Payments’
- Open the ‘Scheduled’ tab at the top of the screen
- Tap on the Direct Debit you wish to cancel
- Tap ‘Cancel Direct Debit’
- Confirm that you wish to cancel
We recommend that you also let the relevant merchant know you've cancelled, so that they don't try to charge you.
Just so you know
You won't earn cashback on Direct Debits as they're not debit card spending.